Architecture, the art and technique of designing and building, as distinguished from the skills associated with construction. The practice of architecture is employed to fulfill both practical and expressive requirements, and thus it serves both utilitarian and aesthetic ends. Although these two ends may be distinguished, they cannot be separated, and the relative weight given to each can vary widely.
- ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN: Analysis and application of design methodology.
- ARCHITECTURAL DRAWING: Focuses on presentation of all elements of building design in graphic form.
- BUILDING CONSTRUCTION: Focuses on construction techniques and detailing of masonry substructure/ superstructure, timber joinery, etc.
- BUILDING MATERIAL: Focuses on knowledge of properties and behaviour of both natural and man-made building materials.
- BUILDING SERVICES: Focuses on understanding and application of services such as water supply & sanitation, electrical, HVAC, fire protection, acoustics, etc.
- HISTORY OF ARCHITECTURE: Focuses on study of evolution of various styles of architecture, methods of construction and influence of art and culture on architecture.
- COMPUTER APPLICATION IN ARCHITECTURE: Develop skill in software applications such as basic Photoshop, Sketch up, AutoCAD, etc.
- STUDENT CENTRIC ACTIVITY: Focuses on enhancement of holistic presentation of core academics and its application in various curricular, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities.